Let’s hear it for the volunteers! Everyone who brings BWFS events to you is a volunteer. It’s a wonderful way to make the world a better place!
- Set-up begins at 5:30 pm for 7:00 pm start of Coffeehouse
- Kitchen (make coffee, chop fruit, keep table full, kitchen clean-up)
- Greeter (greet people, put out additional chairs, find guest seats)
- Set-up (set up tables, move tables, chairs, light candles, etc.)
- Tear-down (stack chairs, bag trash, vacuum, put tables back, return room to pre concert condition, etc.)
- Set up & run sound ( Set up mics, run cords, check sound system, adjust sound during Coffeehouse, adjust mics & set-up to performers. Prefer some experience but will train)
- Emcee ( Must be at Coffeehouse by 6:15 and ready to sign up people by 6:30, determine order of play, introduce acts & make announcements)
Volunteers are always needed to help make Thumbfest a success. If you would like to help out by volunteering, please send an email to: email@example.com
These are the areas we are always looking for help on:
(More will be listed soon)
- Team Leaders: Responsible for area assigned. Come to the Thumbfest Planning meetings, team leader positions are assigned early in the planning. Areas can include production, booking, shirts, sales, publicity, volunteer, site work, vendors...and more. Many of the positions may be filled already but don't hesitate to volunteer if you have a particular interest.
- Donations: Certainly one of the most important positions needed. It involves working at one of the venues collecting and soliciting donations from the audience. This is a very important position as without collecting donations we will not be able to pay for all the festival costs.
- Table Sales / Info: Work at one of the Blue Water Folk Society Tables providing information, selling CD's, T-shirts and Raffle Tickets.
- Site Setup / Teardown: Work on setting up, putting up & taking down stages, chairs, banners, tables, signs, flip boards and other items.
- Stage Assistant: Work for the soundman at one of the stages assisting in setting up for acts. Some knowledge of sound systems and microphones is very helpful.
- Flyer and Poster Distribution: Putting posters up in various locations and distributing flyers to people and businesses.
- Sound man: Work as a soundman at one of the stages assisting in setting up for acts and/or provide relief for the soundman